BERNINA International AG, Steckborn, Switzerland the manufacturer of Bernina sewing machines, warrants the sewing machines identified below to be free of any defects in workmanship and materials under normal use upon the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth. This warranty will be in force only for the periods of warranty duration specified herein when the sewing machine is owned by the original purchaser and is limited solely to the repair or replacement of original parts which, in the opinion of BERNINA International AG, are defective in workmanship or material and which are returned to the Dealer from whom the sewing machine was purchased or to such other point as may be designated by BERNINA International AG.
This warranty shall extend for a period of:
- 2 years in the case of electrical parts
- 5 years in the case of printed circuit boards and
- 20 years in the case of mechanical parts
from the date of purchase of the sewing machine.
The liability of BERNINA International AG, shall be limited solely to the cost of the affected part and does not include labor charges. All other costs, including the cost of shipment to the Dealer from whom the sewing machine was purchased or to such other point as may be designated by BERNINA International AG, for service or repair under this warranty, shall be those of the purchaser.
Each Bernina sewing machine will be fully checked by an authorized Bernina Dealer at the time of purchase, and said sewing machine is to be returned to said Dealer or to such other point as may be designated by BERNINA International AG, for all repairs or replacements covered by this warranty. This limited warranty is given subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- BERNINA International AG, shall be under no obligation to honor any claim under this warranty in the event that said sewing machine has been misused, neglected, damaged in transit or has been tampered with in any way or if the specifications supplied by BERNINA International AG, at the time of purchase with respect to proper maintenance and lubrication have not been observed or if the serial number affixed to the machine has been tampered with or defaced or if the original bill of sale, warranty certificate for the machine or other proof of purchase acceptable to BERNINA International AG, is not presented at the time service or repair is sought under this warranty.
- This warranty shall not be valid until and unless the attached card is completed and returned countersigned by an authorized Bernina Dealer within thirty (30) days after the date of purchase of said sewing machine.
- Within ninety (90) days after the date of purchase of said sewing machine, the purchaser shall have received from the authorized Bernina Dealer from whom the BERNINA CANADA machine was purchased, any and all instructions in the use of the sewing machine which may be provided by such Dealer.
- The sewing machine must be unplugged from the power source when not in use.
NOTICE: The user assumes the risk of and this warranty does not cover and there is hereby excluded, liability for defects, failure, loss, deterioration, personal injury or damage which are due to (i) ordinary wear and tear or exposure, (ii) misuse, abuse, alteration, negligence, or (iii) the installation of parts other than genuine Bernina parts or equivalents.
PLEASE NOTE: In no event shall BERNINA International AG, be liable to the purchaser of said sewing machines or to third parties for special or consequential damages, including,but not limited to death or personal injuries.
BERNINA International AG, does not assume or authorize any person to assume on its behalf, any other obligation or liability other than set forth herein. Some provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may also have other rights, which may vary from province to province.
This warranty is not transferable and is in addition to any warranty by the Dealer. BERNINA International AG, is not a party to and shall not be bound by any other warranty given in connection with the sewing machine identified below. If a service problem should arise, contact the selling Dealer or locate the nearest dealer by clicking here.